M. K. currently works as an expert communications consultant with a focus on nonprofits, law, and technology. She is the former Director of Communications for the Women's Liberation Front, the largest radical feminist organization in the US.
Aa contract communications consultant, M. K. focuses on providing communications and media strategy as well as the development of content for law firms focusing on impact litigation. Her work includes national news media appearances, work on SCOTUS amici briefs, and coordinating state-by-state lobbying efforts with a team of legal experts, advocates, and state lawmakers.
Her other communications work includes:
- Overseeing big-picture marketing and communications strategy
- Managing press releases, inquiries, interviews, and other efforts to improve/grow our media impact
- Developing relationships with press contacts and responding to press inquiries
- Creating a communications plan around key events like lawsuits and actions
- Drafting testimony and other political advocacy materials
- Developing social media strategy and policy, and scheduling content to accounts
- Writing blogs and content for website, including the creation of new sections/pages and inputting content created by others
- Writing email/newsletter content
- Creating content for action campaigns including nearly all petitions and target actions